This is the San Buenaventura|
Missions of California Educational Project.
Parental Supervision is Recommended.
Father Junipero Serra christened his final mission on Easter Sunday, March
31, 1782. The 9th mission, San Buenaventura featured an unusual triangular
design and was the only mission to use wooden bells.
By 1816, the compound housed 1328 Chumash Indians. A 7-mile aqueduct
provided irrigation that made San Buenaventura famous for its agriculture.
The original church, destroyed by fire in 1794, was replaced by a stone
building that suffered earthquake damage 18 years later. Victorian remodeling
in 1893 left almost nothing of the old church, but it was restored by Father
Aubrey O'Reilly in 1957 and remains an active Catholic Parish.
Precision-cut, foam core parts
Short history of the mission included
Complete assembly instructions
One San Buenaventura Kit
In the state of California, many 4th Grade students get involved in
building a model of one of the California Spanish missions
Due to small parts that could cause a choking hazard please keep
away from children 3 years of age and younger
Cardboard roof material is supplied with the kit. Optional adobe
style roofing tiles are shown in some photographs and are
available at your craft supply store