This is the San Juan Bautista|
Missions of California Educational Project.
Parental Supervision is Recommended.
The 15th mission, San Juan Bautista was founded on June 24, 1797. It
includes the largest mission church - and the only one with three aisles.
The area's Native Americans were friendly. Mission population soon grew to
over 1,000. Father Estevan Tapis created a male choir, enjoyed by the local
population and visitors. Father Felipe del Arroyo could preach in seven Native
American dialects and created the first dictionary-like document of their
Mission San Juan Bautista has served mass daily since 1797. Much of the
original interior, painted by a Boston sailor named Thomas Doak, survives
today. The mission was restored in 1884 and again in 1949, financed by the
Precision-cut, foam core parts
Short history of the mission included
Complete assembly instructions
One San Juan Bautista Kit
In the state of California, many 4th Grade students get involved in
building a model of one of the California Spanish missions
Due to small parts that could cause a choking hazard please keep
away from children 3 years of age and younger