This is the Santa Clara de Asis|
Missions of California Educational Project.
Parental Supervision is Recommended.
Founded by Father Thomas de la Pena on January 12, 1777, Mission Santa
Clara de Asis was the 8th California mission to be established. It harvested an
abundance of fruits and grain in the fertile Santa Clara Valley, and many head
of livestock roamed its lands. Drawn by the abundant crops, the Indian
population of 2228 was the largest of any mission.
After secularization in 1836 Santa Clara de Asis continued to operate as a
parish church. In 1851 the property was transferred to the Jesuits, who founded
Santa Clara University.
Today Santa Clara is a mix of new and restored buildings serving as a
church for the university and surrounding community. Many of the original
plants survive, including olive trees, a Castilian rosebush, "fan" palms and
the oldest grapevine in Northern California.
Precision-cut, foam core parts
Short history of the mission included
Complete assembly instructions
One Santa Clara de Asis Kit
In the state of California, many 4th Grade students get involved in
building a model of one of the California Spanish missions
Due to small parts that could cause a choking hazard please keep
away from children 3 years of age and younger